The Youth Work Level 2 is a requirement of the Scottish Social Services Council for anyone employed in the youth work sector. The course is created for people who wish to be support workers in a sector that concerns young people.
Anyone employed in this sector should be working towards or have achieved this qualification. To successfully achieve this, the candidate must complete four mandatory units plus another optional one.
This qualification comes as a result of a collaboration with the Scottish Government, Youthlink Scotland and Education Scotland. It should be considered by:
- Support workers
- Buddies or Peers
- Full or Part-time youth work volunteers
- Casual Youthworkers
- Youth Carer or Youth Justice Workers
As part of the Level 2 Framework for this Modern Apprenticeship, candidates will also complete a numeracy module. Other core skills are also embedded within this qualification so the candidate will also complete an enhancement qualification in First Aid at Work, which is SQA accredited.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to move on to the SVQ level three in Youth Work. This is reliant on the job role and the ability of the candidate to carry out the tasks involved.
The level three consists of five mandatory unit and a further optional one:
- Facilitate young people’s exploration of their values and beliefs.
- Ensable youn people to work effectively in groups.
- Enale young people to use their learning to evauate and enahnce rtheir future development.
- Fulfil the leagl regualtory and ethical requirments relevant to youth work.
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues.
As part of the SVQ level 3 MA Framework, you will complete the numeracy Core Skill at SCQF Level 5, as all other Core Skills are emedded in the SVQ, you will also complete an enhancement qualifcation in Sports Leadership at Level 2.
- Working with others
- Problem solving